From almost a hundred entries and a longlist of 25, 12 full-length collections have been selected and from these, 4 winning titles will be announced next month for publication in the summer.
I recognise a few names: Wes Lee from Kiwi land who has been scooping up short fic prizes over the last few years at a rate of knots, and Joel Willans who I published in Southword. Go Joel!
Salt say: "The standard of entries was incredibly high, with authors spanning the spectrum of writing styles and a fascinating range of subject matter. Reading them was a daunting but most enjoyable task; whittling them down to a shortlist almost impossible. However, we are delighted with the outcome".
- Ben Cheetham: The Hate Club (UK)
- Alexandra Fox: Roundabouts (UK)
- Miriam Hastings: Demon Lovers (UK)
- Patrick Holland: The Source of Sound (Australia)
- Sandra Jensen: A Sort of Walking Miracle (Ireland)
- Laurence Klavan: Family Unit and Other Fantasies (US)
- Wes Lee: This Animal Kingdom and Other Stories (NZ)
- Mary McClusky: Gift to the Dark Gods (UK)
- David Philip Mullins: Longing to Love You (US)
- Susannah Richards: Hot Kitchen Snow and Other Stories (UK)
- Tom Vowler: They May Not Mean To But They Do (UK)
- Joel Willans: Buy Ma Biscuits or Kiss Ma Fish (UK)