From the Anam Cara blog, a brand new writing comp judged by the fabulous poet (and art critic) Cherry Smyth. And before you ask, the prize is publication, unless they get TONS of entries. Then there may also be cash.
Entitled "Poets Meet Painters," this competition is open to adults and children.
To enter, just take the following steps:
1. Visit the Gallery and walk through the Sculpture Gardens, or take a virtual tour of the artwork online at www.millcovegallery.com and/or attend a warm-up session on Sunday 23rd May at Mill Cove Gallery.
2. Contact Jennifer Russell at E. firstname.lastname@example.org to get an entry form.
3. Choose a painting or sculpture that inspires you from the selected list.
4. Write a poem, story, or piece of prose (up to 40 lines) related to your selected art work.
4. Submit your entry (unlimited number) and €4 entry fee per submission by post or in person at the Gallery on or before the 14th June 2010.
5. You are invited to attend the Gallery on Saturday 31st July 2010, 6-8 pm for the announcement of winners, launch of the publication of short-listed entries and to meet the artists.
Here are the guidelines for the competition:
1. Closing date for entry is 14th June 2010.
2. Completed entry forms must be returned to: Jennifer Russell, Cappacluherane, Ardgroom Outward, Beara, Co.Cork.
3. You may enter as many poems or short prose pieces as you wish.
4. Please use a separate entry form for each poem or short prose piece submitted.
5. Enclose €4 ($6) by check or money order made payable to Poets Meet Painters for each piece submitted. Do not send cash with your entry.
6. Entry forms may be down loaded from the web site www.millcovegallery.com but cannot be submitted on line.
7. Each poem or short prose piece must not exceed 40 lines.
8. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME OR ANY OTHER IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ON YOUR WORK. Submit your poem or short prose piece in a second envelope with your entry form.
9. Please put the name of the work of art that inspired you on your poem or short prose piece.
10. All submissions must be typed.
11. All winning poems/short prose pieces will be published.
12. The Publication of winning poems/short prose pieces will be launched at Mill Cove Gallery on 31st July 2010.
13. All enquiries by email to: email@example.com, or tel. +353(0)86 102 8931.