Thursday 20 January 2011

HORIZON REVIEW 5 - NOW LIVE

Author Peter Vilbig

Horizon Review Five has finally hit our screens and it's a whopping great issue. It's my last issue as fiction editor - I have decided to step down as I want to prioritise my own writing this year and it's too hard to do that while busily editing other writers' work.

For this issue I chose stories from Bronwen Griffiths, Máire T. Robinson, Angela Topping, Neil Campbell, Steven Maxwell, A. J. Ashworth, Eimear Ryan and Peter Vilbig. The latter's story 'Adoption' is a stunning piece, to name but one, and I'm delighted to end my editorial stint at Horizon with such a crop of fine work. David Gaffney takes over as fiction editor.

The issue also features poetry, essays, interviews and an interesting piece on poetry and poetry competitions by Mario Petrucci.

4 comments:

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Some fine reading material in there!

Máire T. Robinson said...

Many thanks, Nuala. I'm delighted to be included. Btw, I read "You" over Christmas. Loved it. My mum also read it and hasn't stopped raving about it since.

Group 8 said...

My pleasure, Máire!
And thanks for buying the novel - glad you and your Mam liked it :)

Rachel Fenton said...

Best of luck with your writing this year, Nu.