Thursday, 20 January 2011

HORIZON REVIEW 5 - NOW LIVE

Author Peter Vilbig

Horizon Review Five has finally hit our screens and it's a whopping great issue. It's my last issue as fiction editor - I have decided to step down as I want to prioritise my own writing this year and it's too hard to do that while busily editing other writers' work.

For this issue I chose stories from Bronwen Griffiths, Máire T. Robinson, Angela Topping, Neil Campbell, Steven Maxwell, A. J. Ashworth, Eimear Ryan and Peter Vilbig. The latter's story 'Adoption' is a stunning piece, to name but one, and I'm delighted to end my editorial stint at Horizon with such a crop of fine work. David Gaffney takes over as fiction editor.

The issue also features poetry, essays, interviews and an interesting piece on poetry and poetry competitions by Mario Petrucci.

4 comments:

Vanessa Gebbie said...

Some fine reading material in there!

Máire T. Robinson said...

Many thanks, Nuala. I'm delighted to be included. Btw, I read "You" over Christmas. Loved it. My mum also read it and hasn't stopped raving about it since.

WOMEN RULE WRITER said...

My pleasure, Máire!
And thanks for buying the novel - glad you and your Mam liked it :)

Rachel Fenton said...

Best of luck with your writing this year, Nu.