Saturday 28 January 2012

PODCAST FROM NEBRASKA

Wright Morris, author
Ahead of my trip to Nebraska in early February, I've been interviewed on Air Schooner - by the velvet-voiced Scott Winter - the brand new radio-magazine podcast from Prairie Schooner. The programme starts with an interview with Stephen Behrendt who was managing editor of the magazine when the Irish issue was put together.

I've also been reading Wright Morris in preparation for my trip, which is probably like someone who has never been to Ireland reading Liam O'Flaherty ahead of coming here. But I am enjoying Wright's wryness and language and it's good to know something about Nebraskan writing.

4 comments:

Rachel Fenton said...

I think that was the most laid back interview I have ever listened to - just lovely.

Sure you'll have a fantastic time in Nebraska next month, Nu - hope it gives you heaps of inspiration.

Group 8 said...

Thanks a millo, Rae. It's a flying visit - Weds to Sat - but I'm sure it will be a blast.

Doireann said...

Go n-éirí go geal leat a Nuala! Really looking forward to reading your report. What an adventure! Fair play dhuit :)

Group 8 said...

Go raibh míle! I'm looking forward to it - they have all been so nice it will be great to meet them in person.