Thursday 2 February 2012

'PEACH' READING & NEBRASKA EVENTS

Sheldon Art Museum, Lincoln

There's an audio clip of me reading from my story 'Peach' here at the Prairie Schooner site. The clip is taken from a video of me reading from the story. I have to chop up the video and get it up on YouTube - it's about half an hour long. The clip is just a few minutes, though.

I'm heading to Lincoln, Nebraska next week for the 2 day launch event of Prairie Schooner - can't wait! It's a bit of an adventure because I'm going alone. I normally have at least my husband with me. All that aeroplane time to read and think and write. Yay! And Lincoln seems very vegetarian friendly too, which is cool. Nom nom.

Schedule here:

Feb. 9th  - Sheldon Art Museum

1-2 p.m.: on-stage interview/reading with Sandra Bunting
 
2-3 p.m.: on-stage interview/reading with Nuala Ní Chonchúir
 
3:30-5 p.m.: panel on contemporary Irish literature

Feb. 10 - at Sheldon Art Museum
 
1-2 p.m.: on-stage interview/reading with Aidan Rooney
 
2-3 p.m.: on-stage interview/reading with Deanie Rowan Blank
 
3:30-5 p.m.: issue launch (guest readings from issue)
 
7-8 p.m.: reception
 
8 p.m.: readings from Bunting, Ní Chonchúir, Rooney, Blank

Here is some info on my fellow readers Sandra Bunting, Deanie Rowan Blank and Aidan Rooney.

4 comments:

dan powell said...

Really enjoyed the reading. All the best for your trip to Nebraska.

Group 8 said...

Thanks a million, Dan. I'm v excited about going :)

Rachel Fenton said...

Gawd, I got excited reading the schedule and I'm not even going!
Off to read up on fellow readers now - thanks for the links.

Group 8 said...

Thanks honey :)
I do that all the time - then I block out all exciting events as there isn't usually a hope of me getting to them.