Sunday 23 September 2012

DAVID MEANS TO JUDGE WILLESDEN

David Means by Max Means
I'm still in Cork at the Short Story Festival (more about that anon) but I was excited to learn this morning that the fantastic American writer David Means is to judge this year's Willesden Herald Short Story Competition. David has a big following in Ireland having appeared in Cork when he was shortlisted for the Frank O'Connor Award, at Cúirt in Galway and also at the John McGahern Summer School. He is a brilliant writer and I highly recommend his collections Assorted Fire Events and The Secret Goldfish, especially. There's a good interview with him here on The Rumpus. Polish up your best stories for Mr Means and Willesden!

2 comments:

Rachel Fenton said...

I'm currently faffing about what to enter - I'd love a bash at this. Thanks for all the links and hope you're having a blast at the story fest :)

Group 8 said...

Good luck!