Sunday 9 September 2012

PRUFROCKS PICS - PHIZZFEST

Some of the crowd at Phizzfest
We had a great reading at the Brian Boru last night in Phibsboro at Phizzfest. Thanks to all those who turned up and to John Brennan and his team for the warm welcome. We were in a covered beer garden and it was a warm Indian summer evening so we had a bit of competition noise wise from pub-goers but we managed.

John Brennan
I love reading with The Prufrocks - I never tire of Barbara Smith's inventiveness and clever language; Mary Mullen's all encompassing warmth and humanity in her poems; Maureen Gallagher's finger-on-the-pulse social commentaries. I love hearing the other poets' new work especially - it's always interesting to see what has been possessing and obsessing my fellow writers in recent times. Sadly Jaki McCarrick couldn't be with us but next time she will be there too.

Barbara Smith
We enjoyed the contributing poets to the Phizzfest Anthology afterwards too - all prizewinners in the festival's annual poetry competition. Congrats to Marie MacSweeney from Louth who was the overall winner.

Me - I've no idea what I was doing with my hand in this pic
Maureen Gallagher
Mary Mullen








No comments: