Wednesday 7 November 2012

STRADBALLY BOUND - LEAVES FEST


I'm taking part in the Leaves Literary Festival this Saturday, 10th November, in County Laois, where I'll be reading from Mother America. My event is on in Stradbally, where I read with Christine Dwyer Hickey and Niamh Boyce, chaired by Seamus Hosey, with music by harpist Claire O'Donnell. Arthouse @ the Library, Stradbally at 8.00pm.

Stradbally is near to my heart for two reasons, one of which is that a dear neighbour of mine from home was born and bred there, and always spoke of it with such fondness. She is buried there now. The other reason? Well, let's just say it's encoded in my poem 'Peabiddy', for those of you who have read The Juno Charm :)

John MacKenna is leading a workshop. It costs €40. I've done a workshop with him - he's very good. Worth doing.

Details of the rest of the festival here.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, so close to my home!! And I know John, and love his writing. What a great sounding weekend (if you are bringing Juno, great playground too :-) )

Group 8 said...

It went great, Emily. Didn't get to the playground though. Next time.

writerlyderv said...

John Mac Kenna kicks butt. And I've no doubt you did too.

Group 8 said...

He does! And I did my best, Derv :)