Monday, 7 January 2013

PRUDENCE FEATURES MOTHER AMERICA


One of the only women's magazines I actually enjoy is the Irish mag Prudence. So I am delighted that the editor Annette O'Meara has included Mother America in her preview of New Year reads in the current issue (Jan./Feb. 2013). It's in the Bookworm feature, along with the latest short fiction collections from Mike McCormack and Kevin Barry.


Prudence, unlike other women's mags, doesn't leave me feeling lousy after I read it. Its pragmatic approach to style, interiors, beauty and employment issues is refreshingly intelligent - I usually feel energised after reading the magazine. And that it's Irish is a real bonus. Yay!

7 comments:

Kar said...

g'wan ya good thing! I can't wait to read the review tomorrow.. tis a pity I've already read the brilliant book, I would LOVE to be starting it all over again.. sigh!
x

pat jourdan said...

A wonderful start to the Year and this should bring even more interest in your work - beyond the ordinary outlets.

shaunag said...

Delighted for you, Nuala. I subscribe to this magazine and just got my copy in the post today. Off to bed for an early night now with the said mag!

WOMEN RULE WRITER said...

Thanks Shauna. I subscribe to it too and left the mag sitting in the hall all day, so it was a nice surprise in the evening to find that MA was featured.

Rachel Fenton said...

Lovely start to the New Year - good on you, Nuala! If all the readers of tha mag bought your book, how cool that would be! Fingers crossed for you :) And well done Prudence for such interesting content.

WOMEN RULE WRITER said...

Cheers, Rae :)

The Divorced Lady's Companion to Living in Italy said...

So true. I stopped buying women's magazine years ago because of poor content and paper wastage. This sounds like a more realistic effort - even the name Prudence holds its head high xcat