I'm having a ball in Cáceres, Spain - a gorgeous heritage city, lovely people, very interesting Irish Studies papers on language and literature. With hot sun and tasty red wine. Heaven :)
A few newsy bits:
The Guardian mentioned Rozz Lewis's Faber anthology review today here.
And I am interviewed by Christopher Allen here in connection with my judging of this year's Flash Mob. Please enter!!
And, in good news, the shortlist for the 2013 Frank O’Connor International Short Story Award has been announced and it consists of six titles.Thrilled to see David Constantine there.1) Tea at the Midland and other stories – David Constantine – Comma Press, UK
2) Siege 13 – Tamas Dobozy – Milkweed Editions, USA/ Thomas Allen, Canada
3) Black Vodka – Deborah Levy – & Other Stories, UK
4) Black Dahlia & White Rose – Joyce Carol Oates – Harpercollins, USA
5) We’re Flying - Peter Stamm – Granta, UK/ Other Press LLC
6) Battleborn - Claire Vaye Watkins – Granta UK/Riverhead Books USA
The winning book will be announced in the first week of July and the author will come to Cork to read and receive their award at the culmination of the Cork International Short Story Festival in September www.corkshortstory.net