Saturday 22 June 2013

HAPPY (I)NFFD!!

A Shrine for the Mother of Birds - Fidelma Massey
Happy International Flash Fiction Day! It's a day PACKED with short-short story goodness, so it's a matter of take your pick of what to do.

A good place to start is the NFFD website which has info on all the global events. Their 2013 anthology Scraps is now available on Kindle or to order in hard copy. Go here. I have a story in there called 'Treedaughter' inspired by the Fidelma Massey artwork above. Also, the 2012 anthology is free on Kindle today!

*

Today is the ONLY day you can submit to my guest-edited Flash Showcase in The Stinging Fly. You can sub your flash to stingingflyflash AT gmail.com. You have 24 hours to sub one flash of up to 500 words!! Send me your zingiest, most beautiful work. Full guidelines here.

 *

Tonight I'll be reading at Big Smoke Writing Factory's FLASH BULBS event in Dublin - a flash fiction reading with lots of writers taking part. Arthur's Pub, Thomas Street, 6pm to 8pm.

 *

Meanwhile over at the Flash Mob, the Top 25 list has been announced and the winners will be announced later today. Stay tuned! I really enjoyed the judging process for this with my fellow judges Marcus Speh, Leah McMenamin and Robert Vaughan. We were sent a Top 50 of the more than 100 entries. If it's any comfort to non-finalists, I had a read of many of the other stories and they would have made any list I was making. It's all personal!

Have a fabulous (I)NFFD and, if you can't make an event, there are plenty of online events to take part in. And if that doesn't suit, just write.


No comments: