Sunday 4 May 2014

IRISH INDO REVIEWS *CLOSET* & IRISH TIMES Q&A & A PIC

The Irish Independent reviewed my new novel yesterday. It's online here, though the reviewer is not named in this net edition, she is Sophie Gorman and I thank her for the review. A snippet: 'In this most readable novel, Ní Chonchúir explores how our past shapes and informs our present, as it traces back to when the seeds of Lillis's future were planted, or inherited, as Lillis has to confront the uneasy possibility that she may indeed be more like her contrary mother Verity than she would ever like to believe. But Verity is not necessarily a bad mother no more than Lillis is a good daughter, the truth is always more complicated than that and thankfully there are layers here and depths.'

In yesterday's Irish Times magazine Kate Holmquist, interviewed me about writing and life in general. Joe O'Shaughnessy came to my house and took pics of me and the kids. Kate and I had a good old natter over afternoon tea in The Morrison in Dublin. She is a writer as well as a journalist - her novel The Glass Room appeared from Penguin Ireland a few years ago. Sadly it's not on Kindle but I have urged Amazon to make it available.

Here's one of Joe's pics - a rare shot of me with my three kiddiewinks. I will treasure these pics. I may even go as far as printing them which, for me, is saying something! I still haven't printed the pics of a 2010 trip to Italy, for example...


Cúán, me, Juno, Finn - photo by Joe O'Shaughnessy

No comments: