Tuesday 2 December 2014

SUNDAY MISCELLANY LIVE AT XMAS

I'm reading at the Sunday Miscellany Live at Xmas event at the National Concert Hall in Dublin tonight. I did this event a couple of years ago and it's a cracker (!). I love, love, love live orchestras and when they are playing Chistmassy music it's even better.

In keeping with the Scottish theme (my Highlands based novel is the Book on One all this week and actress Caitríona Ní Mhurchú is doing a mighty job) I am reading a piece about Christmas in Scotland in 1992. The programme will be broadcast at Christmas. Exact days and times tbc.

 My line-up of performers:
RTÉ Concert Orchestra
Gearóid Grant, conductor
MUSIC GUESTS:
Kim Sheehan, soprano
Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh, vocals
Loah, vocals
Mia Cooper, violin
READERS:
Donal Ryan, novelist
John F. Deane, novelist and poet
Mary Morrissy, novelist
Enda Coyle-Greene, poet
Mary O'Malley, poet
Pat Boran, poet
Nuala Ní Chonchúir, writer and poet
John MacKenna, playwright and novelist
Ailbhe Ní Ghearbhuigh, poet
Anthony Glavin, poet
Hilary Fannin, playwright 

No comments: