Wednesday 27 May 2015

LISTOWEL BOUND - KERRY AWARD etc.


So today I head to Listowel for teaching the short story, reading, yapping and, tonight, the Kerry Irish Novel of the Year Award prize-giving. Eek!! I haven't allowed myself to think about it much but now the nerves are well and truly kicking in. I may pull up to Listowel extremely chocolate-stained from agitated munching on the drive. Wish me luck!

My public events include:

Weds 27th May - opening night and Awards event. The Closet of Savage Mementos is on the shortlist for the Kerry Irish Novel of the Year. Venue: The Arms Hotel

Thurs 28th May - 11am: Winners readings - I will be on stage at the tail end of this event. Venue: Boys' School

Thurs 28th May - 2pm: Reading with Alex Preston, The Arms Hotel

Thurs 28th May - 8pm: Kerry Irish Novel of the Year shortlistees discussion, moderated by Irish Times journalist Jim Carroll. Venue: 8pm in The Ballroom of The Arms Hotel

I hope to see some of you there :)

3 comments:

Words A Day said...

Best of luck tonight Nuala! its a brilliant achievement, will be cheering for you :)

Group 8 said...

Thanks a million, Niamh. Eoin McNamee won. We were told as we arrived so the stress was lessened. We had a great evening.

Group 8 said...

Thanks a million, Niamh. Eoin McNamee won. We were told as we arrived so the stress was lessened. We had a great evening.