Monday 6 July 2015

MISS EMILY - THE COVERS

For the first time in my writing history, I have a variety of covers for one book, which is pretty exciting. So I thought I'd do a round-up of the Miss Emily covers.

Penguin USA and Penguin Canada opted for the same cover for the North American paperback, designed by Olga Grlic. I have always dreamed of that little orange penguin on a cover of mine, so this is good stuff. This one is out July 14th:


The audio book, which also appears July 14th, from Blackstone Audio, is voiced by Irish actress Alana Kerr as Ada, and American actress Tavia Gilbert as Emily. They do a great job. (Alana recently also voiced Anne Enright's marvelous novel The Green Road.) Cover:


The large print hardcover, out 12th August in the UK, will apparently have this cover (is Emily by the sea?!):


And last, but by no means least, here is the edition that will appear in the UK, Ireland, NZ and Australia, as designed by the lovely Sandstone Press, my UK publishers, who are based in the Scottish Highlands. This one comes out August 20th:


Writer Dermot Bolger, who gave me a fantastic blurb, gave Miss Emily a nice mention in yesterday's Irish Mail on Sunday:


6 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

Wow, they are all rather gorgeous and dreamy - but I must say, the little orange penguin also gives me a thrill! xx

Kar said...

I LOVE all of them! I hadn't thought about there being different covers for different countries, it's brilliant! & huge congrats on tr orange penguin! It's FAB & well worth the wait ��✨

Group 8 said...

Tania, it's rather strange to have so many. But welcome!

Group 8 said...

Karen, Love that penguin, whee!!

Group 8 said...

Karen, Love that penguin, whee!!

Group 8 said...

Tania, it's rather strange to have so many. But welcome!