Thursday 22 October 2015

SUNDAY MISC., RUFUS WAINWRIGHT & BIRR CASTLE


Sunday Miscellany Live, which I took part in in Donegal on the 4th October, will be broadcast over the next two Sundays. If it follows the order of recording, I'll be first up this Sunday, talking about Emily Dickinson's clothes. See here for more.

*


Tonight I head to Sligo for a very lovely event featuring Rufus Wainwright early tomorrow afternoon. He will give a talk on Creative Minds, hosted by the US Ambassador to Ireland at the Model at Niland. As many of you know I am a HUGE Rufus fan so it's a bit of a thrill to get an invitation to this. I even got to submit a question to Rufus in advance. If it's asked, I'll let ye know :) Then tomorrow night I'm at Rufus's Sligo Live gig. Excitement!

*


Sunday I'm reading from Miss Emily, and some Emily poetry, at a Gothic night in Birr Castle. Described on their website as follows:

The Twilight Hour – An evening of Gothic Music and Literature and Trickery with Nóirín Ní Riain & guests. Join us at Birr Castle for this very special evening with Nóirín Ní Riain and guests. Oíche Shamhna is a magical time with strong roots in ancient Celtic Ireland. This evening will celebrate music and literature linked to All Hallows Eve exploring much loved traditions, songs, folklore, ghost stories, poetry and lots of haunted fun in the gothic castle.
Booking essential as places are limited. Pre-paid event with Tickets €25.00.
Adults only.

No comments: