Monday 29 May 2017

THE ANNAGHMAKERRIG AFTERS



Home from Annaghmakerrig. Real world re-entry is hard. No more fabulously tasty meals and decadent desserts, no more fresh scones and Scrabble, no more Eimear Quinn singing, no more buttercup and lake walks, no more lovely, funny convos with people of wit and wisdom.



The blow is softened, of course, by seeing my kiddies and husband, the cats and the canary, and opening some nice cava to celebrate my new book, which I got to hold for the first time today. Whoop!!



I also pressed send today, after finishing the final re-write on Becoming Belle, at Annaghmakerrig. So, mission accomplished. When the MS is off your hands, you expect major relief and giddy happiness. What you get is a muted 'Oh' from yourself and a minor ache because your beloved characters have flown.




Annaghmakerrig was the perfect mix of hard work and joyful companionship. I am now going to take two whole days off. I plan to read and walk and do little else. After that, it's the start of promo work on Joyride to Jupiter which, of course, I'm looking forward to hugely.

I hope you'll all join me at the launches for Joyride to Jupiter on the 14th and 16th of June, in Dublin and Galway respectively. Full details to follow.




No comments: