Thursday 31 July 2008

LITERARY TATTOOS




If you love body art, and I do, check out Contrariwise, a site where people display their literary tattoos.

There are tattoos there featuring everyone from Saint-Exupery's Petit Prince, to quotes from Plath, ee cummings and Shakespeare.

The cute couple pictured are toting Plath and Christopher Marlowe. I lifted the photo from the Contrariwise site, so I hope they don't mind.

I have a pseudo-literary tattoo but I kind of only made the connection after the fact and it's pretty tenuous and twee. The connection, not the tattoo.

Still, a quote from some poet or other could make a very nice new tattoo, I'm thinking.

My last book was called Tattoo:Tatú of course...(plug! plug!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do like the degrees of separation thing you did here; from body art to a book.

Group 8 said...

It was unintentional. Honestly. I love tattoos in general and then cheekily, at the end of my post, I just stuck in the plug!

I own a great book called 'Dorothy Parker's Elbow', which is subtitled 'Tattoos on Writers, Writers on Tattoos'. Fact, fiction and poetry. Great book!