Saturday, 11 April 2009
BOYLE POETRY COMP 2009
I'm reading at the Boyle Arts Festival this year; it's on from the 23rd July to 31st July. My reading's on Saturday the 25th at 4pm.
Their old 2008 website is still up but I'm sure the new one follows soon...
Here's the details of their poetry competition, judged this year by Galway's Pete Mullineaux:
Closing date 15th June 2009
1. Entrants may submit as many poems as they wish. €5 per poem. Cheques or postal orders made payable to Boyle Arts Festival.
2. Prizes are €300 for the winning poem and €50 for the four runners up. In addition there will be ten highly recommended poems. Prizes will be awarded on Sunday 26th July at a ceremony during the Boyle Arts Festival. All winners will be invited to attend and to read their poem.
3. All poems must be the unpublished, original work of the author.
4. Poems must be typed on one side of A4 paper.
5. Maximum length of poem is 40 lines
6. Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form or a photocopy of it. The name of the entrant must not appear on the poem itself.
7. The judge’s decision is final.
8. Entrants are reminded to keep copies of their work as poems cannot be returned
9. Submission of a poem implies the competitor’s acceptance of the rules.
Please return Entries to Poetry Competition, Boyle Arts Festival, King House, Boyle, Co. Roscommon
Note: They say that entry forms can be downloaded at www.boylearts.com (though I can't find it there yet...)