Sunday 12 April 2009

AN EASTER STORY



Image: Finn's lovely Easter display

CÁISC SHONA! HAPPY EASTER!

The best I can do for an Easter-themed piece of writing is a story of mine, Sloe Wine, which appeared in Litro two years ago - and which will be in my new collection Nude (Salt, Sep. 2009). It is set, mostly, on Easter Sunday.

Litro
is a free monthly literary magazine, published by Ocean Media and distributed online, widely near London Underground stations, in libraries, galleries, bars, cafés and other venues in London and beyond.

4 comments:

Miss_Úna said...

Happy Easter Nuala!
Love Finn's display, very cute. Enjoyed "Sloe Wine" a dark Easter-ish tale. There was a doc on TV a while back about long lost brothers & sisters falling in love when they reunite, crazy, envy them I do not.

Group 8 said...

Unis - welcome to blog land!! Hee hee, great to see you here.
Finn put this display up in the hall about 2 weeks ago. Soooo cute.

I saw that documentary. MAD people, most of them. Though I felt sorry for the German ones, somehow. (20 somethings, 2 kids). All very weird and compelling. If it comforts you, the two in my story don't take it any further!

Miss_Úna said...

Yes hooray for me, no longer a blog lurker, I have finally broken my silence.

Yes that is a great comfort, thank you!

Girlhurler said...

Ooh, liked that a lot. Nice double meaning in "Lamb and Ralph are more than cousins"! Ah yes, those poor devils with their GSA ...

Am curious about sloe wine now, have never had the pleasure.