Friday 6 January 2012

HAPPY WOMEN'S CHRISTMAS


It is Women's Christmas today in Ireland - Oíche Nollag na mBan. (So why am I the one slaving over the removal of all things Christmassy from the house, I ask myself? Hmmm.) Anyway, the Irish Writers' Centre are hosting a reading and music with some fine Irish women artists to mark the day. I wish I was going but I can't. Details:

Oíche Nollag na mBan

This year The Irish Writers' Centre , in association with Dublin City Council Arts Office, invite you to celebrate Oíche Nollaig na mBan a little differently. Whether you want to listen to some of Ireland’s finest writers, celebrate an age-old Irish tradition, or you’re just glad the 12th Day of Christmas has finally come about – join us in the Irish Writers' Centre, Parnell Square Nth., Friday January 6th  at 6pm for an early  evening of prose, poetry, spoken word and music in the company of

Nuala Ní Dhomhnaill
Celia De Fréine
Mary O’Donnell
Éilis Ní Dhuibhne
Mia Gallagher
Sarah Clancy

and musicians Jane Hughes & Ellen Cranitch

2 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Nuala, before I start my ritual of evening writing I read a few poems of yours. They calm me and shore up my soul for the novel work. NOW you tell me its woman's Christmas and no one has gotten me a gift?! Now, I am all crabby again. I'll have to read 6 of your poems to settle me.

Group 8 said...

Donna, you are so sweet. Belated happy women's Xmas :)