Wednesday 16 October 2013

PICS FROM IMRAM EXHIBITION


A few pics from the very enjoyable launch at DIT of the Imram exhibition on Monday night. There was wine, brownies and scones. Yum! Lots of people and a great atmosphere. Big thanks to all at DIT, especially the students and also to Liam Carson of Imram. Go raibh maith agaibh! I am up to my eyes with preps for my USA trip (yes, another one) so I apologise for not posting pics of the other's pieces, only my own. My time is short and I am pulled every which way with work and other obligations.


The students were given poems by several poets, to create posters from, including my poem 'Snáth' from Tatú. The posters are on billboards around Dublin. I loved what the students did with all our poems but I have a special fondness for Maija Sardiko's ropey interpretation of 'Snáth'.







Head of Dept at DIT with poets Philip Cummings, Gabriel Rosenstock, Ceaití Ní Bhealdúin, mise, Liam Ó Muirthile
Gabriel reading haiku by Jack Kerouac, with his On the Road bag
Mise ag léamh ó mo leabhar Tatú

No comments: