Friday 18 July 2014

POWER OF OBJECTS ARTICLE AT WRITING.IE

The paperweight and shells - pic by Úna Spain
I have an article at writing.ie about the importance of objects to me as I write, particularly in the writing of novels, and most particularly in the writing of The Closet of Savage Mementos.

Meanwhile, I am still in Vienna at the Intl Conference on the Short Story, developing a Sachertorte slash Weissbier belly. I am enjoying the heat, the panels, the readings, old and new friends, and the beauty of Vienna itself. We had our reading event last night at the Irish Embassy, where the incomparable Evelyn Conlon stole the show with her witty and gorgeously written story extract. Brava, Evelyn.

The conference is, as always, hectic. I am reading this morning at the Juridicum. Still trying to pick just the right piece to read. More anon, if I can manage it.

No comments: