Friday 31 July 2015

GLASGOW & PEOPLE

My trip to Glasgow was a success - I met with the lovely writer/journalist Lesley McDowell for an interview. See her lively blog here and consider buying her awesome book Between the Sheets, about literary couples and how the female partners fared - people like Plath & Hughes, Mansfield & Murry. It's a great read. The article about Miss Emily will be in The Independent on Sunday soon.

This slogan is everywhere in Glasgow at the moment:
'People make Glasgow'
Which leads me neatly to the fact that People magazine (yes, that People) has given Miss Emily a sweet mini-review in the new issue. This may just beat being in the RTÉ Guide once. (My husband, who loves statistics, tells me that People has a circulation of 3.5 million in the USA. Now if only all those readers went out and bought my novel...)



No comments: