Tuesday 28 July 2015

TWO RADIO INTERVIEWS - ARENA & GLUCKSMAN HSE

Life is kind of bananas at the moment - lots of radio interviews with the USA, off to Glasgow tomorrow for a newspaper interview, trying to pack for the New England trip (book tour! Emily Dickinson Intl Society meeting!), prepping PR stuff for the UK release etc. etc.

I have been wondering whether other writers love this stuff, like really enjoy and relish it? I like it in many ways but the hecticness gets a bit overwhelming at times. I'm normally a Dickinson-like recluse: happy in my own company, at my desk, living a quiet life here in Ballinasloe. So all this running around to airports and festivals, constantly answering questions about myself and about Emily, feels frenetic. (My husband reckons other writers leave five years between books in order to avoid it all for a nice chunk of time. I should try that, maybe.)

Anyway, the PR whirl continues: Catherine Dunne and I will be on Arena on RTÉ Radio 1 tonight to discuss the Italo-Irish Literature Exchange English language anthology, Lost Between (New Island). Tune in here or listen to the podcast from tomorrow.

And my interview with of Dr. Miriam Nyhan of Glucksman Ireland House NYU Radio Hour is now online here. If you're a Mary Costello fan she was interviewed by Miriam earlier in July here.

No comments: